Buying crypto with fiat (dollars) (Takes 10 Minutes)
Let's buy some crypto!
A bank is useless without any money inside it, and so is our wallet!
Without funds in our wallet, the only thing we can really do is receive crypto.
To get into the decentralized finance universe, we need to first go through a centralized exchange.
Where To Buy Crypto:
TIP: Load up a decent amount of Ethereum because your ethereum wallet needs to pay 'gas' (in Ethereum token) for every send, swap, transaction.
How To Send Crypto:
On CoinBase, each coin has a different wallet.
- Connect a bank account to CoinBase
- Buy Ethereum (couple hundred $)
- Go to your Ethereum wallet
- Tap "Send" / arrow icon top right
- Paste in your MetaMask wallet address.
- Confirm & send.
MetaMask Wallet Address
Just like sending a letter or an email, we need an address to send our Ethereum to.
- Open up your MetaMask browser extension.
- Click "Account 1" to copy your address to clipboard.
- Paste that into a message or email and send it to your phone. (if using CB app)
- In Coinbase, Binance, Kraken (wherever you bought crypto), paste this as the destination address. Hit send.