Currency Exchanges - 24 hour ATMs
There are 2 types of exchanges you need to know about.
- Centralized Exchanges: Binance and Coinbase are a middle-men who need to custody your crypto for you to use them.
- Decentralized Exchanges (DEX): Uniswap and Sushiswap are exchanges where software is the middle-man, instead of humans. No ID verification is required. Everything goes from and to your wallet, so you maintain custody of your crypto at all times.
☑️ Benefits of decentralized exchanges:
- Your crypto goes in and out of your wallet, not a third party. You possess your crypto at all times, no third party needs custody it for you, so it can't be lost, taken away, seized.
- No limitations, restrictions, access your funds right away & do what you want with them.
☑️ Benefits of centralized exchanges:
- Buy crypto with physical currency (USD, GBP, EURO...)
- Some are insured if funds lost.
- Customer support (although not great)
Popular Decentralized Exchanges (DEX):
Made with 💜 - by @thekriskay - share with a friend to help DeFi grow.
Lets Do DeFi ™ is a free DeFi educational resource and guide aimed to explain complicated crypto stuff to everyday folks.
© DeFi Donut 2021 - © Lets Do DeFi 2021 |